Barry Marx

Problem Solved. I took the PC to a professional guru and he discovered the
files hidden away with a different path. We now have a link set up. And yes
there were back up floppies stored away in the deep deep litter file (we have
recently retired from biz and have a mammoth storage hassle with 40 years of
records and archives.

Sooo - today we install;ed a DVD burner and another HDD.

Thanks for the help Kassie and Bryan

Regards

Barry (NZ)

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

Where did you store your files?

They should still be there unless you stored them in a program folder,
said program folder having been removed during the upgrade.

Try a search (right-mouse the Start button, select EXPLORE, then
right-mouse on the C: drive and select Search

Enter the first part of one of your files, ie for MyFile.Doc you can
put MyF*.*
and then click the Search.

You should always keep a separate copy of your files, what will you do
if your C: breaks and is replaced with a new one?

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390145