Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Thomas Risi Thomas Risi is offline

Default COM Add-in in VB

Arie schrieb:
Hi,

I am creating an COM Add-in in VB6 which connects to Excel.

Within the COM Add-in I have made some userforms, which have to do something
in the Excel-sheet. In de AddinDesigner (.dsr) I can use the Excel object to
make the changes in the Excel-sheet. But in the userforms I can't connect to
the Excel-object. How to handle this?

I have the following code in de AddInDesigner:

Option Explicit
Public oXL As Excel.Application

And:

Private Sub AddinInstance_OnConnection(ByVal Application As Object, _
ByVal ConnectMode As AddInDesignerObjects.ext_ConnectMode, _
ByVal AddInInst As Object, custom() As Variant)

AddInInst.object = Me
Set oXL = Application

So in the AddInDesigner I can use the object oXL.

But how to make use of the object oXL in the userforms??

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Arie

Hi,

declare your object oXL in a 'public module' (not a class).

--
Thomas

http://rtsoftwaredevelopment.de