Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Defoes Right Boot Defoes Right Boot is offline

Default Copy from text box

OK now we get Run-time error 1004 : Unable to get the TextBoxes property of
the Worksheet class.

I'm starting to think I might do better simply using a cell rather than a
text box!! Are there any reasons why that might not be a good idea?

Phil

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try this then

Range("B43").Value=Worksheets("Customer Info).TextBoxes("TextBox10").Text

make sure you get the name correct

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Defoes Right Boot" wrote in
message ...
It was from the Drawing toolbar (at least I'm 99% sure it was...)

Would that make a difference?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Where did yuou get the textbox from in Excel?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Defoes Right Boot" wrote in
message ...
Hi Bob

Unfortunately that doesn't work either, now it comes up with Run-Time
error
'1004' : Unable to get the OLEObjects property of the Worksheet class.

Any further ideas? Or is something set up wrong somewhere on my

computer?

Thanks

Phil

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Phil,

Give this a whirl

Range("B43").Value=Worksheets("Customer
Info).OLEObjects("TextBox10").Object.Text

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Defoes Right Boot"

wrote in
message ...
I want to use a macro to copy data from a text box to a cell.

To copy the contents of TextBox10 on sheet "Customer Info" to cell

B43
on
sheet "Answers" I have tried recording a macro whilst highlighting

the
text
and then manually copying it, but that doesn't work. I have also

tried
the
code :

Sheets("Answers").Select
Range("B43").Value=Worksheets("Customer Info).TextBox10.Text

which I found in another thread on this board.

but I get a run-time error '438' : object doesn't support this
property or
method (on the second line of this.)

Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks