Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan[_36_] Alan[_36_] is offline

Default Why doesn't 'Range("A65000").Select' work?

Hello world:

Yay! It works!

Many thanks to all of you for answering so quickly and correctly.
As many of you surmised, I was trying to run one sheet's code on another
sheet.
When I moved the code to my code module, and called it from there, it worked
fine.

Whew! That was driving me nuts (and I don't have far to go).

Thanks again.

Alan

"Alan" wrote in message
Hello world:

I'm using Excel 2003. I'm baffled.
Something that has worked for me since Excel 5 no longer works.
Maybe someone out there can explain what I'm doing wrong.

When I go to a sheet, I often have code like this to tell me the last data
row:
'--Find last data row
Range("A65000").Select
Selection.End(xlUp).Select
lngLastDataRow = ActiveCell.Row

That has worked fine for years, and it works fine for other sheets in this
workbook.
On one sheet, however, I get the following message when it gets to the
first command:
Error 1004
Select Method of Range Class Failed

I have checked the sheet's Protection, and it is all off.
I have created a new workbook with just the two sheets necessary for this
code, and still the error.

What have I done to create this error?

Help!

Alan