Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Badger Badger is offline

Default Can I conditionally delete row in Excel? (if B3=0 delete row B

Thanks. I need it to be automated so I think a macro is my only choice
unless I can somehow incorporate a conditional delete row function into a
cell formula.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Do you need a macro or can you do it manually?

If manually is ok:

I'd use another column of Cells:

=if(b2=0,"deleteme","keepme")
and drag down.

Then apply data|filter|autofilter to that helper column. And show the Deleteme
rows.

And delete those visible rows.

Remove the filter and delete that helper column.

Badger wrote:

I am trying to delete rows based on conditional statements. For example,
delete row B if cell B3(budget balance) is 0. I am having trouble figuring
this out. Can I incorporate a macro that deletes a row into an "if"
statement? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson