Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trefor Trefor is offline

Default Proplem copying a Module - Error 50289

avveerkar,

Thankyou for the feedback. Ok so the next queston is how to you unprotect a
project from within the protected project?

--
Trefor

"avveerkar" wrote:

Trefor Wrote:
I found the following code (sorry can't remember where now), it work
great
with one catch, if ThisWorkbook is password protected the routine
fails.

Dim myFile As String
myFile = "CCRFMacro.bas"
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("CCRFMacro").E xport (myFile)
ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Import (myFile)
Kill myFile

The error is "Can't perform operation since the project is projected."

I do not want to unprotect the project, so is there another option to
copy a
mudule from ThisWorkbook to ActiveWorkbook?

--
Trefor

In my opinion you can't do it. Apparently code of ThisWorkbook is
protected. You then cannot read it without unprotecting it. If your
concern is not to leave it unprotected then you could unprotect it in
your procedure and immediately protect it again after you copied it to
activesheet module.

--
avveerkar
avveerkar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30338