Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default Sort beginning one-line BELOW what should be

Mark, Thanks for your input..
At the source B6 is formatted as text and displays 0000000000.
After copying and Pasting-Special_Values it "lands" in the Destination
Sheet Cell B6 as '0000000000 << which was the Culprit IN THE BEGINNING;
Not sure why this is occuring, IT JUST IS !!
Tks,
Jim May

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

Jim,

I'm missing something here. You're converting the formatting of cell
B6 from Text to Text, then putting in the same text value that was
already there? I have the feeling there is something going on previous
to this.

You mention "Would prefer somehow just removing the " ' " being
programmatically inserted
and maintaining the text format from the source." If the destination
cell is already formatted as Text, then pasting in the source text
should work without the apostrophe.

Incidentally, if you change the second line of your latest example:

Range("B6").Numberformat = "@"
Range("B6").FormulaR1C1 = "0000000000"

Range("B6").Value = "0000000000"

you'll get the same result.