Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales[_2_] K Dales[_2_] is offline

Default Displaying cell comments.

If there are only a few cells with comments, I would just duplicate the line
of code that toggles the comment for each of them:

Range("B4").Comment.Visible = Not (Intersect(Target, Range("B4")) Is
Nothing)
Range("C5").Comment.Visible = Not (Intersect(Target, Range("C5")) Is
Nothing)

But if there are many of them, and/or you may add or delete other comments
in the future, the following is a general method to find and toggle all
comments on the sheet - only disadvantage is it runs a bit slower and you may
note the lag as the comments toggle on/off:

Dim ThisCell As Range

For Each ThisCell In Me.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments)
ThisCell.Comment.Visible = Not (Intersect(Target, ThisCell) Is Nothing)
Next ThisCell

- K Dales

"Dan N" wrote:

To K Dales - Thank you. That worked great!
If I want to do the same thing in other cells on the same spreadsheet, what
should I do? - Dan N.

"K Dales" wrote:

Range("B4").Comment.Visible = Not (Intersect(Target, Range("B4")) Is
Nothing)

- K Dales

"Dan N" wrote:

How do I make a cell display the cell comments only when the cell is active?
I am using Excel 2000.