Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default problem with interior.colorindex

Peter,

I know I don't need it, it's just for consistency, really, & helps me to
remember where I am (figuratively speaking).
Any way, it WAS a protection issue. Sorry to waste your time.

Pete

"Peter T" wrote:

Hi Pete,

Works fine for me, assuming target is not in the right-most 10 columns.

Not sure the purpose of .Offset(0,0)

Regards,
Peter T

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Could anyone suggest any general reasons why this code might report:
"Unable to set the colorindex property of the interior class"?

with target
blah blah blah
.Offset(0, 0).Resize(1, 10).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 'Tan Core
Infrastructure
yada yada yada
end with

I can select the range in a similar way using
.offset(0,0).resize(1,10).select, and the worksheet isn't protected.

Send me home happy for the weekend!

Thanks in advance

Pete