Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default problem with interior.colorindex

Please ignore me - elsewhere in my worksheet_change, some cell validation was
set - which of course was a change, which re-invoked the worksheet_change
macro...which.. er... re-activated the worksheet protection at the end!
Doh!

Sorry to waste your time.

Pete

"Peter Rooney" wrote:

Could anyone suggest any general reasons why this code might report:
"Unable to set the colorindex property of the interior class"?

with target
blah blah blah
.Offset(0, 0).Resize(1, 10).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 'Tan Core
Infrastructure
yada yada yada
end with

I can select the range in a similar way using
.offset(0,0).resize(1,10).select, and the worksheet isn't protected.

Send me home happy for the weekend!

Thanks in advance

Pete