Mangus Pyke

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:59:13 -0500, Rhall wrote:
I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a
bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the
City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city like this.
123 Main Street

Anywhere usa 49000

Solution 1:
Select the column, Edit -- Replace, put a space in the top field and
replace all (replaces the spaces with nothing). This will cause a
problem if you have a two-word city, such as Boca Raton.

Solution 2:
Suppose your city is in column C with a header row. Insert a column
after and put this in D2:
=TRIM(C2)

This will trim the white space from the end of the city name. Drag
the forumla down, select column D, press Edit -- Copy, Edit -- Paste
Special, select Value, click OK.

Problem resolved.

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner