Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
johnsday johnsday is offline

Default Strange data type error

Mark yourare on to something. T he cell is the only one aligned to the
right. I tried to re-enter the number, align it to the left but nothing
changed. I also deleted the cell, copied the whole table to a new location,
entered another number, etc. None corredted the proboem. Do you have any
other ideas? Microsoft does know about this problem don't they? I suppose I
will have to retype the whole table in a new location. Don't much like that
idea.

Thanks

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

Try re-entering 1064.12 in the cell in question. Check that it align
to the right of the cell (assuming there is no other alignment set).

The cell may have been formatted as text and then changed to a number
format. In my experience, numbers entered in such cells remain as text
until re-entered.