Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dermot Dermot is offline

Default Validation List advise....

Hi Bob
I tried changing the Else statement, it takes away the colour formatting,
but the text "Blank" (the option I have in the validation list to remove all
formatting within the selected row range) remains.
I was determined to try and do this myself have dried may different things
but I anly manage to revove the colur not the text contents.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try changing your Case Else code to

Case Else
Range("B" & i & ":M" & i).Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Target.Value = ""

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dermot" wrote in message
Thanks Bob
For the link and explanation regarding creating a validatation list from
list in a range of cells and contextures link.

I have the "Ignore Blanks" check box selected, but when I click on my undo
option to remove the formating the Text "Undo" remains in the cell.
Do I have to manually delete this text ?
Is there a way to achieve this deletion automatically when the colour
formatting
is remove when "Undo" option clicked in the validation list?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

"Dermot" wrote in message
If I create a validation list, with an option Yes, the text "Yes"

appears
in
the relevant cell.How do I create an option in the validation list to
return
it to a blank cell with no text.

As long as you do not uncheck 'Ignore Blanks', then you can clear any

value
down and it will allow blank

1. Can you program a full validation list instead of using Data |
Validation
List?

Yes, you create a list of values and use say =M1:M10 in the List textbox

2. Is there a way to increase the width of the Validation List

dropdown to
accomodate longer words?

You can increase the column width, or you can 'frig it' as Debra shows

at
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider