Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Macro to evaluate a cell and replace one part of the formula

John,
You could do it without a macro by using EDIT==Replace from
the standard toolbar.

"John" wrote:

Hello, I am relatively new to Excel macros. Does anyone know of a way
to make a macro that will search each cell in one entire column and
replace just part of a formula? For instance, I have an entire column
that has formulas such as =C10*1.05 and I want to replace the 1.05
with a cell reference like $J$2 so that in the future I can just
replace the value of cell J2 to update all cells. The macro would have
to search the entire column and replace each instance of 1.05 to the
right of the '*' Is this possible? Please help.