Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default User Forms - Command Button defines value to be used later

Dave,

When I took the "UNLOAD" out, the form never goes away. What might be the
problem?

Thanks,
Barb

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

Dim InchStone as String
Private Sub cmdMonthly_Click()
Inchstone = "Monthly"
End Sub
Private Sub cmdWeekly_Click()
Inchstone = "Weekly"
End Sub

When you declare InchStone outside any procedure, then any procedure in that
module can see it (and change it or read it).

(Unloading the form didn't seem like what you wanted to do...)

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

I have a very basic User Form and I can get it to display. This is the
limited code I have within the user form:

Private Sub cmdMonthly_Click()
Dim Inchstone As String
Inchstone = "Monthly"
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub cmdWeekly_Click()
Dim Inchstone As String
Inchstone = "Weekly"
Unload Me
End Sub

I've tried to find info on User Forms but haven't found anything related to
this. How do I get the value of Inchstone back into the main code from
which I call the user form? Again, if I've done something wrong, please let
me know.

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

--