Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default writing to next row in sheet

which answers none of the questions I asked!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"sacrum" wrote in message

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
What are all the variable values at that point, lastrow, Loglisting,

etc.?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"sacrum" wrote in message

lastrow = Worksheets("log").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Loglisting = txtLogon.Value

Worksheets("Log").Range("A" & lastrow + 1).Value = Loglisting

End Sub

Its this last bit that causes a run time error - I have created a log
worksheet and the code above is located in ThisWorkbook visible in vb
editor.

vb runs through (below) but nothing happens in the log sheet - do I need

do anything in the log sheet....?
Private Sub Workbook_open()
Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate
ActiveSheet.Unprotect

Dim u
u = Environ("Username")
t = Time
'update text box "Last Updated:"
ActiveSheet.TextBoxes("txtLogon").Text = "Welcome to IRIS " & u & " -
Access Time: " & t
ActiveSheet.Protect

Dim Loglisting

If IsEmpty(Range("A2")) Then
Sheets("Log").Range("A2").Value = Loglisting
Else
Sheets("Log").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Value =
Loglisting