Lookin for a job

Have a look see at this screencap -

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9371/countif4tc.jpg

It seems aparent to me that Countif doesn't like a text "True".

I'm just wanting to know why.

What's the difference between -

=Countif(A10:A20,"apples")

and

=Countif(A10:A20,"True")

Thanks

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Okay. I think you'd better give us the exact formulas in your A10 to A20
'cause I can't replicate the problem you're having. Works for me whether
"TRUE" or TRUE.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lookin for a job" wrote in
message ...
That certainly will work but the Countif is more efficient.

I changed the text true to the boolean TRUE.

I really appreciate everyones help but can anyone answer the question as

why -

=Countif(A10:A20,"true")

returns 0 ???

Thanks

"kk" wrote:

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A10:A20="TRUE"))

Does it help?

"Lookin for a job" <Lookin for a wrote in
message ...
Hello Guys..

I have a range of IF formulas in A10:A20 that return either a text

"True"
(not a boolean) or a blank "" .

There are several "Trues" in the range but when I use -

=Countif(A10:A20,"True")

I get a result of 0.

Why is this?

Thanks