ErikTaylor

Default Pivot Table - using Countif in place of Count,Sum, etc.

I've got a Pivot Table that I'm having a similar issue with. If there was a
way to customize the formula that calculates the subtotals for a field in the
table, this would be easy to do. But I have yet to find a way to do that.
If you get an answer to this, please let me know.

"Peter" wrote:

Good afternoon everyone.

I have perused around a bit to see if anyone has asked this question yet and
can't seem to find it or a reply.

I have zero values in a large spreadsheet (the spreadsheet is a result of an
Oracle query run on a regular basis). Without modifying the spreadsheet (to
add columns), I would like to use a Pivot Table to subtotal (count and sum)
all of the non-zero items for a given 'field'. I could accomplish this if
one of the standard subtotals (in Field Settings...) was COUNTIF, but alas it
isn't an option and I have not been successful in inserting a calculated
field (I have no idea how to do this). Any ideas?

--
Have a great day everyone!