Posted to microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
sacrum sacrum is offline

Default Auto macro in Excel help

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Call you code from the workbook_open event

Chip Pearson's page on events.

Tom Ogilvy

"sacrum" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want the sheet 1 always to
display first and is there a method to display the current user name
which
updates it self automatically when different users use the book when its

on
a share - I'm thinking of setting up a log. I've done the following as a
test but its not really what I want - ideally there would be a text box

that
auto changes without it having to be clicked.

Sub logontest()
Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate
Dim x
Set x = CreateObject("WSCRIPT.Network")
Dim u
u = x.UserName

'update text box "Last Updated:"
ActiveSheet.TextBoxes("txtLogon").Text = "Current Logon : " & u
End Sub

Thanks - now sorted.