Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default error "The macros in this project are disabled"

If security is set to high, macros are disabled without prompt.

Tom Ogilvy

"300bps" wrote in message
I can create small VBA/Excel macros and functions and run them just fine.
But when I insert a large function ("xxx"), put "=xxx()" into a cell,
and click F9, VBA complains that "The macros in this project are

disabled."

This never used to happen; But I recently had my IBM thinkpad T23 replaced
and my files restored onto the new HD.

The help message suggests that this is because the .wks was opened "with
macros disabled", and suggests that I close it, then reopen it "with

macros
enabled".

How do I do that? And is that really the problem?

How do I get around this problem?

I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000, version 5.0, service pack 4.

Thanks in advance for your help!