Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Comparing data on two tabs

If you want to do joins on your data, you should be able to do it with
Data=Get External Data and then query your workbook.

I believe you can do this even internal to the source workbook, but
certainly can do it from another workbook.

Also, you can look at Chip Pearson's site for working with this/similar
situations

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

or for Code, look at this Post by KeepItCool

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e=source&hl=en

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan McCollick" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I have two spreadsheets that I import into two seperate tabs in my
workbook. The goal is to list projects that match from one sheet to
the other, as well as a seperate section for projects that do not
match(reconciliation). I currently have a macro that pulls the data
into two seperate arrays. My question is, is there a function in excel
that would do this for me(dsum??)? The macro takes almost 5 mins to
run(~400 items in each spreadsheet). My sort algorithm maybe what is
slowing down the process.

Thanks
Dan

Ps. I wanted to do this project in access, but was denied. Has to be
in excel.