Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

Default Change the colour of a row depending on the contents of a date cel

Yes, you can use conditional formatting under the format option of the
toolbar. If you apply conditional formatting to say the first cell in the
column of choice, and assign your condition. Then you can copy that cell.
Highlight everything you want to apply that condition to in the column, and
paste special formatting. :) Task done.

" wrote:

Hi,

I've got a spreadsheet which is full of various bits of information,
spread accross a number of columns, for example:

Name | workstream | due date | comments |
1 | A | yesterday | |
2 | B | today |

3 | C | tomorrow | |

I'd like to put some logic in the sheet that notices that the first row
is overdue - and so colours the whole of that row to red to make it
stand out....

I can probably record a macro to sort this out, but was wondering if
there was some way to put the logic in the sheet, so that I wouldn't
have to explicitly run a macro - it would just "get done" (whenever the
sheet is opened)... is this possible somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Chris