Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kurt Farrar Kurt Farrar is offline

Default Searching for records that end in a specific character

Hi,

What are you using to search through your code? VBA or Excel Functions?
Using VLookup there's a number you can include as a parameter that defines
whether to use wildcard or not I think. Look at the VLookup (or HLookup as
the case may be) in Excel Help for more info.

Hope this helps.

--
Kurt Farrar
..NET Developer & Computer Enthusiast

"jjfjr" wrote:

Hi;

I have a two sheet workbook. One sheet allows for the entry of search
criteria in the upper half and the search results in the lower half. The
other sheet contains the records that are searched.

I have a situation where in one field called Location, there are similar
values such as Rack 1, Rack 11, Rack 12, etc. If I want to search for rows
that only have Rack 1 in the Location and I put in Rack 1 into my search
field, rows that have Rack 1, Rack 11, etc. come up as hits. Is there a
wilcard or other character that allows me search for a speciific value like
"Rack 1" ? By the way I tried putting Rack 1 in quotes and itr did not help.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
--
JJFJR