Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jbrack@email.uophx.edu is offline

Default Open a webpage using Javascript in Excel

Hi All,

Got a question I'm hoping someone can answer. I've created a form,
which interacts with a webpage that uses Javascript. My current code
for the button pulls up a webpage and displays the information, but
when I select something on the webpage nothing happens. Top right of
pages says it's loading but nothing happens. I noticed that multiple
URLs are displayed at the bottom of the "real" webpage when buttons are
pressed. I was able to copy each URL that is displayed...not sure if I
need them or not. Any ideas on how I can make this work....if possible
?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my code:

Sub test()

Dim sPath As String
Dim aStr As String
Dim bTaskID As Double

With Application
Application.Visible = False

sPath = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe" 'my browser

aStr = ("http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com")
bTaskID = Shell(sPath & " " & aStr, vbNormalFocus)

End With
End Sub