Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTIF - help please

In the quoted response to Stan above, I did not say my COUNTIF
formula met Amanda's needs.

I said it was an "equivalent" solution. Equivalent to what, you
might ask thoughtfully? I think that is clear in the original
context: equivalent to Stan's SUMPRODUCT alternative,
which does not distinguish what precedes "V" at the end,
if anything.

Sorry, my fault... I misunderstood what you were referring to when you said
"equivalent" and, with that misunderstanding in mind, I didn't want Amanda
to draw a wrong conclusion about what your COUNTIF formula did.

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)