Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shuvro Basu Shuvro Basu is offline

Default Compile XLS sheet into EXE

Hi All,

I have a lot of excel sheets that containt formula and macros. They are
distributed among different departments who enter the data and send
them back to me for collating all the data into a report. The problem
is : the users frequently meddle with the formula and macros. I've
tried to password protect the cells/macors, however it becomes an issue
when there is a need to change the formula range or macro to include
more columns, ranges etc. I then have to send them the password and
they will then modify the the formula to suit their needs.

Also, the files run into large ones (usually greater than 100MB) at
times.

I would like to know if there is a way we can compile the xls sheet/
workbook into an exe so that it would be more secure and also compress
the xls sheets. I know of the commercial xls compiler(DoneEx XCell
Compiler). I will greatly appreciate if someone would/could point out
the source to a similar program.

Looking forward to your respones.
Thanks & Regds