Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
swansonwc swansonwc is offline

Default Can I remove prefix apostrophe

Dave,

That worked perfectly.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Bill

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd replace:

Cell.Value = Right(Cell, Len(Cell) - 1)

with these lines:

with Cell
.numberformat = "@" 'keep it text
.value = .value
end with

swansonwc wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is exported from a database, and all of the cells
have an apostrophe prefix. The apostrophe keeps hyperlinks from functioning
(since they are now considered text). Here is the code I have created to
remove the apostrophe - unfortunately it removes the first actual character
in the cell as well as the apostrophe:

Public Sub ParseApostrophe1()

Dim Cell As Range

Worksheets("customers").Activate
ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Select

For Each Cell In Selection
If Len(Cell.Value) = 1 And Cell.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
Cell.Value = Right(Cell, Len(Cell) - 1)
End If
Next Cell

End Sub

Does anyone have an idea how I can get rid of the apostrophe without
deleting the first actual (visual) character in the cell.

TIA

Best regards,
Bill

--