Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
paul paul is offline

Default Worksheet Focus

if you set screen updating to false would this acccomplish the same thing??
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Unless you code moves the focus from this sheet, it will not change.

Instead of code like

Worksheets("Sheet2").Activate
Range("B9").Select
Selection.copy
Worksheets("Sheet3").Activate
Range("F2").Select
Activesheet.Paste

do colde like

Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B9").copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F2")

The point is to avoid selecting. Use references to ranges.

Tom Ogilvy

"Zani" wrote in message
Hello clever people!

I have a project which collects and writes information to various

worksheets
within the file, what I would like to do is keep the focus on the "front
cover" sheet. The front cover sheet has the links to all the userforms

etc
to run, but I would like to keep the focus set on this sheet so it looks
pretty for the users!

I'm am sure there is an easy way to do this but I can't for the life of me
find it - maybe it's just too late in the day!

--
Zani
(if I have posted here, I really am stuck!)