Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default query sql database

It might help if you could describe how you are doing what you have so far.

ADO?

Sounds like something along the lines of

select
table1.item_nr, sum(table2.quantity)
from
table1,table2
where
table1.item_nr = table2.item_nr(+)
group by
table1.item_nr

would do it, but I'm not sure of exact syntax for SQL Server

Tim

"Walter" wrote in message
Hello everybody

I need to import in a Excel sheet data from a Microsoft sql database,
I need the filtered data from some fields from one table and from a
other table which needs to be linked with a field the calculated sum from
the many related records.

Table one Table two, item nr.
field to be linked with table one

filtered
item nr-------------------------------------item nr / quantity
quantity
quantity
quantity
sum

sheet result

item nr sum (quantity)

I can do everything except get the single result from the summed quantity
field

Anybody a idea how to achieve this?

Thanks

Walter