Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Grouping into a Tab

TYD,

Couple of possibilities...
1. Copy the visible cells to the new worksheet.
2. Use the AutoFilter - only the visible cells are copied in a filtered range.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"TheYellowDart" wrote
Hey There!!
O.k. I have a Excel sheet that is grouped by 3 things (Year, State,
Type) in that order. This creates 4 numbers on the left hand side for
grouping with the + and - Symbol.

As there are hundreds of year, state, and type combination I am trying
to create macro to seperate each group into a tab. In effect I would
get a tab that would have this name
=Year & "_" & State & "_" & Type. In the Tab would be the data for
that group. So on and so on until there were no more groups.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this, or if this is possible. If
so you get a gold star :)
Thanks,
TheYellowDart