Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Type Error in For Each Worksheet Loop

Your code worked perfect for me after one additional line:

Dim wb As Workbook

Mike F
" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's the problem I'm having with the code below.

If the worksheet contains no query-table the codes exits the inner loop
(For Each qt) and moves to the next worksheet with no error.

However, when the worksheet does contains a query-table the code exits
the inner loop but fails when it hits the 'Next ws'.
At that point it returns a "'Run-time error '13': type mismatch". If I
choose debug and then resume the codes continues until it encounters
the next sheet with a query-table.

Any advice will be appreciated
Buck

Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim wsName As String
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim ptname As String
Dim qt As QueryTable
Dim qtname As String

'Loop through all sheets and updates all QueryTables
Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
For Each ws In wb.Sheets
wsName = ws.Name
For Each qt In ws.QueryTables
qtname = qt.Name
Worksheets(wsName).Activate
Range("A1").Activate
Worksheets(wsName).QueryTables(qtname).Refresh
BackgroundQuery:=False
Next qt
Next ws