Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
UncleBun UncleBun is offline

Default Finding next empty empty cell in a range of columns

I have been through the posts here and can not find exactly the same senario
as I want to perform.

I have a spreadsheet where data will be held in columns for people. Each
person has its own column. I want to be able to place a persons name in the
heading of each column. So I am trying to find the next empty column in row 3
to place the name.

The code I have used but does not appear to work is

NextCol = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("D3:W3" )) + 1

It always returns a value of 1.

This code is in a commandButton(Click) proceedure. I thought it would look
at the range and give me the next column free as a response?