Biff

Hi!

Good question.

Here's a bone of contention I have when I see these types
of formulas.

Say for example that you know for certain that the
absolute largest number that could possibly in your range
is 100. It's not possible for a value greater than 100 to
be in your range of values. So, why use this formula:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999+307,A:A)

when this formula will do:

=LOOKUP(101,A:A)

or even this:

=LOOKUP(MAX(A:A)+1,A:A)

When the average user see's that number,
9.99999999999999+307, they freak out!

And yes, I know why *some* use that large a number!

Biff