Hari Prasadh

Hi Jon,

Thanks for jumping in!!

Actually the charts which I have in PPT are customized way too much and
there are scores (and scores) of slides and each slides has different KIND
of chart( starting from stacked bar with average line to pie charts etc) and
every data series chart has its own color/major axis specification and what
not.

Moreover I would be using this template to create lots and lots of different
reports running close to a thousand (only by changing the data sets which is
different for each object and each slide and each report).

So, creating charts in Excel and transferring to PPT is not an option for
me.

Hence, for me template offers some kind of base by which I may work further.

But the present problem has got me stumped.

I see that way I can overcome this problem is recording the position of Top,
left, Width and Height before pasting new data and then applying these same
positions on the DISLOCATED object after pasting. - this would solve my
problem of dislocation to some extent. (some extent only because this new
method is now causing dislocation of unrelated objects on the same slide?)

Also I think that the solution to the problem may lie in using Lock aspect
ratio or Auto scale feature in object format/graphs options, though not
sure.

Any thoughts?

I found the solution to the problem of view changing from chart to data by
setting a handle to the chart sheet and then doing activate chart sheet and
then using refresh option (or the xlsheet visible = 1).

I thought that activate chart sheet method alone should have worked well.
but it did not? Any better solutions?

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Hari -

Why not just use VBA to create the chart in Excel, and paste the chart,
better yet a copy of it, into the slide? I do this all the time. It's much
more reliable, and I see no need to carry the baggage of a chart and
worksheet of an Excel OLE object within the slide.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services