Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
christopher ward christopher ward is offline

Default hierarchys - can you build an elegant hierarchy using vba

i should explain that my lsit is simple in nature

lets say

4 mm bar
8 mm bar
12 mm bar

all reporting up to bars which reports up to Total Steel

i.e a classic OLAP hierarcy ( sort of analysis server territory )

how can we do this in excel
--
C Ward

"christopher ward" wrote:

hi all

a question to all you experts - is it possible to build a basic hierarchy
using vba ( I know Vb has an object in its toolbox )

or does anyone have an ocx etc ??

my sheet has a range of product values and i would like to build a drill up
and drill down function usinf standard excel

if you reply - thanks in advance

--
C Ward - a novice user !!!!