Brad

I would prefer to have something that would update daily on it's own if
possible.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Not like a formula, but you just hit refresh data under the data menu. If
the extent of your data will change, then you can use a dynamic named range
as the source for the table.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brad" wrote in message
do pivot tables update automatically?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Might be easier to build a pivottable to get this layout.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brad" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I am updating everyday with hours based on a

job
by
job basis and I would like summarize this into a spreadsheet for total
hours/day by installer. Here's how my detailed sheet looks. (Name of
Sheet
is 'July')

Column A contains date
Column G contains Installer name
Column I contains hours

In my summary Sheet (name of sheet is 'Payroll Sumarry') I have the

Date
in
Column A and each installer name across the top in Row 1 so for

example
cell
C1 contains the name of installer I want to add. How do I do this?

I tried using the following formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(July!A:A='Payroll
Summary'!A2),--(July!G:G=C1),July!I:I) But all I get back is #NUM!

error.