Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Excel macro to insert blank rows at a ever-changing interval

Hi,

Try this which looks for "(" and then insrts line after.

Sub a()
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
With Worksheets("Sheets1").Range("a1:a" & lastrow) <=== Change as needed
Set c = .Find("(", LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
firstAddress = c.Address
Do
c.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Insert
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < firstAddress
End If
End With

End Sub

HTH

"KnightRiderAW" wrote:

I have a list of names, addresses, and phone numbers all located in column A.
I need to insert a blank row after each phone number (which is formatted as
bold and in the style of (###) ###-####. Can someone help me on this. I
have a macro to make user-friendly after this point, but I can't seem to get
the row to insert. Please note that the grouping may vary from Company to
Company (2, 3, 4, or 5 lines of info), so I can't use a constant value.

Using Excel 2003 on Windows Server 2003. Thanks!

-Aaron