Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passing variables between workbooks

Why won't a global variable work, or even a private one come to that? If you
open your workbook to have a signature added from within your master book,
you don't need to pas anything to it.

Set oWB = Workbooks.Open("C:\myFile.xls")
oWB.Worksheets(1).Range"A1").value = "signature"
oWB.Save
oWB.Close

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mliungman" wrote in
message ...

Hi!

I'm using a "Create signature" macro in a file on our server, to create
individual signatures in various excel workbooks.

Let's say I'm in a workbook that needs a signature. I want to select a
cell where the signature is to be inserted, and then call the macro in
the "Create signature" workbook. My problem is that I don't know how to
make the "Create signature" macro know which workbook is waiting for a
signature. Creating a global variable won't work, and I'm not familiar
with passing variables between workbooks.

Please advice!

Martin

--
mliungman