Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DerbyJim DerbyJim is offline

Default Create new workbook, temporarily name it and copy sheets to it

My VBA is basic to say the least however I am learning from my mistakes
pretty quick! :o)

I'm trying to copy some sheets from an existing workbook to a new workbook
in their entirety i.e. page breaks, colours etc.

The error occurs as I do not know how to rename the newly opened workbook
and it comes unstuck when it refers back to Book1 or Book2 or Book3 etc.

I've looked at previous questions on this topic and am a little confused so
would appreciate some clarity...

Below is an extract from the macro if it helps

Many thanks in advance

Jim

Workbooks.Add
Windows.CompareSideBySideWith "EXISTING NAMED WORKBOOK.xls"
Windows("EXISTING NAMED WORKBOOK.xls").Activate
Sheets("Existing Data").Select
Sheets("Existing Data").Copy After:=Workbooks("Book2").Sheets(3)
Windows("EXISTING NAMED WORKBOOK.xls").Activate
Sheets("4. All Sales Execs Report").Select
Sheets("4. All Sales Execs Report").Copy
Befo=Workbooks("Book2").Sheets(4)
Windows("EXISTING NAMED WORKBOOK.xls").Activate
Sheets("3. Sales Exec Report").Select
Sheets("3. Sales Exec Report").Copy Befo=Workbooks("Book2").Sheets(4)
Windows("EXISTING NAMED WORKBOOK.xls").Activate