Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel input date format

Noel,

Change

Selection.FormulaR1C1 = myDateP1

Selection.FormulaR1C1 = CDate(myDateP1)

--

HTH

RP

"NoelH" wrote in message
Hi
Thanks in advance for any help.
I have this small macro
Dim myDateP1
myDateP1 = InputBox("Enter START date for report PERIOD in

dd-mm-yy
format")
If myDateP1 < "" Then
If IsDate(myDateP1) Then
' MsgBox "Continue the macro"
' Selection.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
' ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Range("A1").Select
Selection.FormulaR1C1 = myDateP1
Range("n4").Select
Selection.FormulaR1C1 = "=(r[-3]c)"
' Selection.NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
Else
MsgBox "You did not enter a date"

seeking the user to input a date, in the format dd/mm/yy This part work.
However when the date is placed into the cell the format becomes mm/dd/yy.

I know I'm doing something wrong and it might be the new year blues.

Is anyone able to guide me. as you can see by the rem I've tryied

formating
the cells.

Thanks
Noel