Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
fascal fascal is offline

Default calculations based upon months

Thanks. That is almost it. The formula works great. Will I have to update
the formula monthly?

"bpeltzer" wrote:

I'm trying to read between the lines here... Are you asking to calculate how
many FULL months have passed from July 1 through today? If so, should days
in the month of July show as 0? If the answers are yes and yes, then
=MOD(MONTH(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1)-7,12)
ought to do it.
If you want to count the elapsed months through yesterday, change both
instances of today() to today()-1.
If you want dates in July to show as 12, I think you can change the ending
from 7,12) to 8,12)+1.
If my interpretation is off, please provide more complete requirements.

"fascal" wrote:

Hi,
In order to calculate an amount thru the past month, I refernce a cell that
contains the number of months I am including. My calendar runs from July
thru June. So, I have been diving the total by a cell that has the number of
past months on my calendar (6) divided by 12. So my formaula looks like
(=B18/($L$1/12)).

Is there a way that I can reference that 6 out of the 12 months have passed?
Any assistance would be appreciated.