Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba code to record a macro

Andy,

This seems a shame not to get this thread answered, but I must admit to not
understanding exactly what you want. Could you try explaining it a little
differently. The bit about '... prompt to enter anything ...'. I assume you
have looked at Inputbox.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"green fox" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a friend who has paralysis of his right side. All his
keyboarding is one-handed. He would like to use a keyboard shortcut --
say ctrl-z to start recording his key strokes...say down 2 right 4 from
the ActiveCell, edit that cell. Then when he moves to the next cell the
'macro' can be invoked again. When finished the macro needs to
'disappear' to be replace the next time he runs it.

I have found most of what I need, assigning and unassigning the
shortcut keys, and the cell movement and editing is all good. - well
it works, I am after all a VBA hack :-) - but I haven't been able to
find any method that would prompt the user to enter 'anything' and have
those movements recorded other than invoking the macro recorder from
the worksheet.

Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Andy