Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple "IF" statements every cell in range

You could use Tools / Autocorrect Options.... AutoCorrect tab, Check "Replace text as you type"
to change "gm" to "General Motors", etc.

However, I would use "amm" instead of "am", since you might possibly want to use the word "am" in
some other entry without having it change to American Motors.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"cbrd" wrote in message

I have a column (B) and every cell from B4 to B4444 I wish to insert
multiple IF statements life the following:

If I type "gm" (no quotes) into any cell from B4 to B4444, i wish for
excel to change it to "General Motors"
If I type "am" (no quotes) into any cell from B4 to B4444, i wish for
excel to change it to "American Motors"
If I type "ha" (no quotes) into any cell from B4 to B4444, i wish for
excel to change it to "Honda America"
If theres any other text typed into the cell, excel leaves as is.

Any tips?

--
cbrd
cbrd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30009