Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Worksheets.OleObjects

To: microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi all...

What I am doing is iterating the WorkSheet's .OleObjects Collection, and
identifying olembedded items in the sheet [OleObject.OLEType =
excel.xlOLEEmbed].

The problem I am having, is that I would like further limit this to only
items that are embedded as an icon . Iterating the collection above, i
end up with embedded word pictures etc...

I have tried unsuccessfully to find criteria in the OleObject object
that would indicate that the item is embedded as an icon. (e.g. in Word
you can use the InlineShape Object & check the
Inline.OLEFormat.DisplayAsIcon property to make this determination).

Ive similarly inspected the Shapes collection with the same result. (No
solid was to determine if the shape is an embedded as an Icon.)

My goal is to extract the embedded items from a sheet that would benefit
from being saved out from the sheet for printing purposes.

Any ideas here would be great, TIA

<<Code Snip

Dim oWS as Excel.Worksheet
Dim oOle as Excel.OleObject

For each oOle in oWS.OleObjects

if (oOle.OleType = excel.xlOLEEmbed) then
' continue only if icon (need further criteria)

end if
next