Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Macro problem...Will be a real challange

Sylvia,
Excel can open .csv files.
From there, record a macro of the steps you require; creating a new
worksheet, copying a block of data to this new WS.
You will need check on how to find the next blank row. Many examples on
Google
Loop through all the blocks, deciding when to stop because you have no more
data.

NickHK

"Sylvia" wrote in
message ...

I have been given one excel sheet which is exported from some other site
(.csv file). It contains the data without any formatting. This data is
divided in some blocks. These blocks are differentiated with some blank
rows. Now I am suppose to copy one block (set of rows) in different
excel tab, 2nd in 2nd tab, 3rd in 3rd tab and so on...
I dont know how many blocks will be there. I just know that these
blocks are differentited by blank rows. All the data is in the first
column only.

Can anyone help me for this?

--
Sylvia