Angelo

Default The cell

Hi,

I have a column that is dedicated to mac addresses. Some
are letters and numbers and some are just numbers (16
chars). I want the cell to leave the input values as they
are and not format them in any way. Here's the problem I have.

I know why it is doing this, but I want to show the numbers
exactly as I input them.

When I type 16 chars of numbers only, the look changes to this:

1.24865E+15

from this:

1248651497265430

i don't want to have to format every cell that has a
numbers only because i never know which cell that will be.
I just want it to be general across the board but it
changes it for number values.

Is there any way of setting excel to leave the input values
as they are and not reformat them?

Thanks.