Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFan[_3_] StargateFan[_3_] is offline

Default Conditional formatting - different cell colour for each year following from user input date?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:05:37 -0500, StargateFan
wrote:

On 27 Dec 2005 14:08:26 -0800, "Ken Johnson"
wrote:

Hi StargateFan,
Yes, received OK.
Did you receive my attempted solution sent Dec 27 1:30 AM.
After that I re-applied sheet protection and of course got an error so
I emailed at 2:21 AM about two extra lines of code to stop that
problem.

Hi, sorry for delay in responding. I'm checking my mail now and will
look at tonight.

Thank you! :oD

[I can't remember what the last msg was in this thread (though we did
"speak" in another thread re this solution <g so posting here.]

I've worked with the file several times now, finetuning. It really
works great. And on three separate occasions, I've looked at the code
trying to figure it out. I always just marvel at how something that
looks so simple can accomplish what I was trying to do seemingly so
easy <g.

I was able to figure out one thing, when I added more lines to each
section and made the sheet "longer" then as there were more rows, was
able to figure out that I just needed to change the second value in
the range in the code for it to work under new condition. That was
neat.

Last thing, I just checked something and glad I hadn't yet sent this
post - the line that is depending on the letter "W", when I replaced
that with "Wkt" just to see if it would work, it didn't. Does the
letter 'w' refer to "Wkt" in the sheet, or "Week"? I'm curious,
simply because when it comes time to adapt this to other uses, esp. at
office, would like to know what to change for any given situation.
And I'm afraid I haven't been able to figure that out from in the vbe
<g.

Thanks once again! :oD