Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default HOW TO: Name Range?

All named ranges don't show up in the name dropdown, but will appear in
Insert=Names=Define. This includes names that are variable in nature such
as this one.

In the name box, type in MyData and hit return. does it select the proper
range?

--
Regards
Tom Ogilvy

"Kevin McCartney" wrote in
message ...
OK,

I click on Insert | Name | Define, I type in the Names in workbook,

MYDATA,
in the Refers to box I put =!A2:B10 click on Add then OK, but nothing

shows
up in the Name Range List, what am I doing wrong, please help.

TIA
KM

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

Define the name and have it referring to the range A2:B10 WITH A LEADING
EXCLAMATION MARK:
MyData Refers to
!A2:B10
Now you have what I call a global/local name.
See page 49 of my book "This isn't Excel it's Magic!"
http://www.iil.com/iil/excelmagic

"Kevin McCartney" wrote in
message ...
Hi TWIMC,

I'd like to add one name range that works on each sheet. E.g. I set a

named
range called My Data and when I click on it, it selects the A2 to B10
depending on which sheet is active, how do I do it?

TIA
KM