Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Check for duplicate values?

You are light on details. But basically, you would need to check after or
as part of a change, that the new value is not a duplicate. Chip Pearson's
provides several generic techniques which might offer some ideas you can
use:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

another page of interest might be on utilizing events

Tom Ogilvy

"Ed" wrote in message
I've got almost 30 ranges in my worksheet. No value should be duplicated

in
any of these ranges. Is there a convenient way, either with a worksheet
function or a VBA method, to monitor this for each range? Or do I need to
loop through each cell of each range on a regular basis to see if I've

got
duplicates?

Ed