Lisam

I followed your instructions but it didn't work. Maybe i should be clearer
.... when I open an excel file called Addressbook 1, these three other files
open. I also might mention that i am using Excel 2000.
Thx

"Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from addre" wrote:

Lisam wrote:
Each time I open my Excel program, three excel documents open as well. I
want to change this so it does not happen. How do I do this?
Thanks
Lisa

At startup Excel will automatically open any file stored in the XLStart
subdirectory. To find whether this subdirectory is in it's default location, or
whether it's been redefined elsewhere, click on ToolsOptionsGeneral and look
at the startup file location. If you don't want the files located there to
start automatically, then you should move them elsewhere or delete them.

You can go into the Excel help system, and type "startup" into the Find search
pane for more info.

Good luck....

Bill